The TOEFL test stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language and is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), an American educational institution. This TOEFL test is required for admission to almost all universities in the US and Canada, and is also required for students applying to European and Australian universities. This exam is an undergraduate (S1) or postgraduate (S2 or S3) program.
Basically the TOEFL test is done to assess the following:
1.Students will have excellent writing and English skills to be able to write scientific papers.
2. Students will have the opportunity to read English properly and correctly so that later they can understand the subject matter they need.
3. Students have the opportunity to listen to the English instructor’s explanation accurately and accurately.
The strategy for doing the TOEFL listening test questions is the same for all TOEFL PBT tests. So you don’t have to spend a lot of time and effort reading during the exam.
1. Make sure you understand the instructions before starting the test.
2. Pay close attention to what you are about to hear. This was because the audition tape was only played once.
3. Please understand that the difficulty of the questions starts from the easiest to the most difficult. So, from 150 questions, 110 questions are the easiest and 4,150 questions are the most difficult.
4. There is a 12 second delay from one question to the next. So I have to answer the question in 12 seconds and read the answer options for the next question.
5. Answer all questions, even if you are unsure or don’t know the answer. Wrong answers will not reduce your TOEFL PBT test score.
Also read: TIPS TO CREATE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION
There are 3 parts for the listening section in working on the TOEFL test questions, here are the strategies you can use when working on the questions:
In this subsection, a short conversation will be carried out between two people. It consists of two lines, followed by only one question. As you listen, focus on the second line of each dialogue. The answer is usually implied in the second line. Remember, the answer is a repetition of what you heard in the second line.
The following is the order of the questions from easiest to hardest. Questions 1-5 are the easiest and 25-30 are the hardest in Part A.
This part contains a conversation between two or more people, and consists of 7-8 lines of dialogue about a certain topic and also some related questions. This part consists of everyday conversations. One conversation will be followed by several questions. Find conversation topics. Listen carefully to the second line of conversation. Information about the topic, main idea, and frequently asked topics is usually on the second line.
This part contains a conversation between two or more people, and consists of 7-8 lines of dialogue about a certain topic and also some related questions. This part consists of educational discourse, and lectures. Find conversation topics. Listen carefully to the second line of conversation. Information about the topic, main idea, and frequently asked topics is usually on the second line.
Woman: “I had a falling out with my sister last week.”
Man: “That’s a shame, I hope you guys can figure it out.”
Pertanyaan : What does the man mean by this?
A. He means that the women should continue arguing.
B. He means that the woman should do some math.
C. He means that the women should draw a picture.
D. He means that the woman should solve the problem.
Kata “falling out” adalah idiom yang berarti pertengkaran, dan speaker pria memberi komentar “I hope you guys can figure it out” yang berarti menyelesaikan masalah antara wanita dan saudara perempuannya, seperti yang ada dalam jawaban (D).
Man: “I feel like I can’t get ahead, even though I have two jobs!”
Woman: “I know! This city is so expensive to live in.”
Pertanyaan: What is the man unable to do?
A. He is unable to make financial progress.
B. He is unable to win a running race.
C. He is unable to live in the city.
D. He is unable to find more work.
The answer above shows the complaint of the man in the speaker who still feels financial difficulties even though he already has 2 jobs, so the correct answer is related to finance, namely (A).